Most respected and admired company.
We deliver outstanding automotive products and services to our customers, and enrich our community, partners and environment.
Our four core values
Respect for people
Continuous improvement and innovation.
Code of ethics
The Toyota name has earned a reputation for quality and integrity, as well as a commitment to responsible management and environmental practises.
Ethical behaviour extends beyond legal requirements. It means honesty, equity, social responsibility and integrity in everything we say or do.
Our goal is to uphold our corporate reputation at all times. To achieve this all employees, contractors, and agents of Toyota Australia are expected to:
- obey the law
- be honest in word and deed
- respect community values
- be responsible
- perform their duties consistent with our Code of Conduct
- use good judgment and avoid action that could create a conflict between personal, company and community interests.
Toyota Australia's code of ethics extends to statements of duty to our customers, dealers, suppliers and the wider community.
Toyota is very proud of the dynamic mix of cultures, ages, sex, religions and beliefs that make up the melting pot of its 4683 employees.
Just to give you some idea of our rich and impressive mix consider this:
- We have more than 70 nationalities
- Our youngest employee is 18 and our oldest over 80
- 13 percent of our workforce is female and 87 percent male
- The average length of service is 11 years and the average age is 43 years old.
It is this diversity of our workplace that we should be taking advantage of by recognising and respecting both our similarities and differences.
In this way, Toyota will continue to maintain a skilled, capable and enthusiastic workforce drawn from a wide range of backgrounds, views and experiences.
The Toyota business is guided by seven principles:
- Honour the language and spirit of the law of every nation and undertake open and fair corporate activities to be a good corporate citizen of the world
- Respect the culture and customs of every nation and contribute to economic and social development through corporate activities in the communities
- Dedicate ourselves to providing clean and safe products and to enhancing the quality of life everywhere through all our activities
- Create and develop advanced technologies and provide outstanding products and services that fulfil the needs of customers worldwide
- Foster a corporate culture that enhances individual creativity and teamwork value, while honouring mutual trust and respect between labour and management
- Pursue growth in harmony with the global community through innovative management
- Work with business partners in research and creation to achieve stable long-term growth and mutual benefits, while keeping ourselves open to new partnerships