Robokids are partnering with Toyota from 2019 with 2 projects over the next 3 years to continue work in Melbourne’s West as well as including schools from Sydney’s Campbelltown region who are underrepresented in STEM and robotics education.
Project 1: - Footscray Learning Precinct (FLP) - Melbourne
The focus is to:
- deliver a robotics program from Foundation – Year 7 (2020) Year 8 (2021 & 2022) across 3 schools, Footscray Primary School, Footscray City Primary School and the new Campus (2021 & 2022) from Gilmore Campus & Seddon Campus.
- facilitate the development of community values and culture among the schools and their staff through a shared STEAM curriculum. This project will also focus on breaking down boundaries and barriers in these schools, ultimately to establish a cohesive community that works together and shares education outcomes.
- further develop staff digital teaching capacities in robotics and their implementation into their classroom practice.
Project 2: Campbelltown - Sydney
Schools who are underrepresented in robotics programs in the Campbelltown area of Sydney will be selected to participate in a series of robotic lessons where the focus is to:
- increase teacher confidence and digital capacity in robotics
- facilitate the development of 21st century skills in students through the use of the latest robotics technologies in the classrooms.