Perhaps the most important safety feature of any car is the brakes. It is imperative to keep your car's brakes in top condition. At the centre of a car's stopping power are the actual brake pads, which grip the brake disc rotor to slow down your car. These are also the parts of the brake that require regular replacement because every single time you stop - you use them.
Needless to say, your car's ability to stop quickly and safely is crucial to accident prevention. Along with quality tyres, braking system and suspension, brake pads play a major role in the active safety features of your car. Brake pads work by pressing in and gripping both sides of the brake disc to slow the wheels. Quite simply, the ability to stop effectively lies principally on the performance ability of the brake pads.
Signs you may need to replace your brake pads:
- Squeaking noise when brakes applied
- Car judders when brakes applied
The Toyota Genuine Brake Pad
Toyota Genuine Brake Pads are designed as a perfect fit for each model Toyota, helping to ensure balanced braking and durability in wide ranging conditions - and that means excellent stopping power when you need it most.There are three main features that determine the quality of Brake Pads.
- Brake Pad Lining
- Toyota Genuine Brake Pads are specifically designed for Toyotas, ensuring balanced, stable braking in wide-ranging temperatures and driving conditions. They are also super durable, and constructed without the use of asbestos for a safer environment as well as safer driving
- Anti-Squeal shim
- Toyota Genuine Brake Pads feature a precision anti-squeal shim which prevents the high-frequency vibration which causes brake noise. Non-genuine pads may omit this feature, and the result could be annoyingly squeaky brakes.
- Genuine Fit
- Strict quality control is employed in every stage of Toyota Genuine Brake Pad manufacture. They are meticulously checked for accuracy of clearance between brake pad and caliper for smooth, safe, stopping.
Replacing your brake pads with Toyota
While dependent on your driving style, Toyota Genuine Brake Pads are generally designed to perform efficiently for the total time between recommended services. If you have your Toyota Service Centre service your car, then the brakes pads will always be inspected according to the servicing schedule.