February 22, 2019
Toyota Australia's corporate IT systems are still offline as remedial work continues following an attempted cyber attack earlier this week.
At this stage, we do not believe that customer or employee data has been compromised.
Our network of 279 dealers is still operational and able to help customers with their enquiries. However, there have been some impacts to parts supply, which is subsequently delaying servicing at some dealerships.
An emergency call centre has been set up to handle customer enquiries, including the Takata recall, and will be operational today until 6pm and tomorrow Saturday, 23 February, from 9am to 6pm on 1800 462 000 until further notice. We will advise once normal customer operations through the Guest Experience Centre are restored.
Customers calling the emergency number will be requested to provide their best contact details, the name of their closest/preferred dealership and their vehicle information, including VIN and registration.
We apologise for any inconvenience and continue to thank customers for their patience as we work to resolve the situation.
1. At this stage, we do not believe that customer or employee data has been compromised.
2. We became aware of the attempted attack on Tuesday, 19 February 2019
4. A number of corporate IT systems are still offline including email
5. There has been no enterprise wide directive to send employees home
6. We have no further information about the origin of the attempted cyber attack.