What is Toyota App Suite (TAS)?
Eligible Toyota vehicles are being equipped with a mobile phone connectivity package. This will enable you to control some of your mobile phone apps directly through the vehicle’s head unit screen.
What mobile phone apps will I be able to control through the head unit screen?
The following applications will be available in the latest update. Please ensure these apps are first downloaded on your phone to ensure they can be used via your head unit.
iOS: Waze*, Stitcher, AccuWeather.
Android: Cisco WebEx.
Toyota is working on bringing other app partners as well as new services in later updates.
*Please note to use Waze you must use your USB cable AND Bluetooth to connect your mobile phone to your vehicle.
Which Toyota vehicles will be compatible with Toyota App Suite?
2019 HiAce Commuter
All-New 2019 Granvia
Current Generation 2018 Corolla Hatch
Post-facelift 2018 Prius
Current Generation 2018 Camry
All-New 2019 Corolla Sedan
Do I need to set up my phone to activate Toyota App Suite?
TAS is integrated within the myToyota app. This can be downloaded from your phone’s app store.
Once you have downloaded the app, you will need to connect your phone to your vehicle’s head unit (see below).
How do I connect Toyota App Suite to the head unit for the first time?
- Bluetooth pair your mobile phone to your vehicle’s head unit.
- Once paired, ensure your myToyota app is open on your mobile phone.
- Create/Login to myToyota on your mobile phone.
- Click on the menu icon on the top left-hand corner of the app.
- Click on “Connect to Toyota App Suite”
- Any previously installed apps will be listed on the TAS library screen.
- A Connected screen will display on your mobile once successfully connected
- Your enabled apps should now appear in the apps screen on the head unit.
- If TAS has not been used in the vehicle before, a prompt will be shown to download and install an update on the head unit. Please follow prompts to complete installation.
You can also connect to the AppSuite without creating a myToyota account. Please click on “Connect to Toyota App Suite” from the Login page and follow from Step d above.
How do I add more apps to my screen?
From the main app library screen on your mobile phone, click Edit and if other apps are available, you can click Install.
By clicking Install, you will be taken to the App Store or Google Play to install/download the apps.
Once installed, the apps will be enabled by default.
Why is Waze showing a black screen on the headunit?
Waze requires your phone to be connected by Bluetooth and USB. Please ensure that you reopen Waze once both are connected.
How do I stop TAS auto-connecting every time I pair my Bluetooth?
TAS is designed to auto connect to the head unit every time your phone is paired to your vehicle’s Bluetooth.
How to disable myToyota app from automatically launching when connected with vehicle’s Bluetooth? (iOS Only)
Turn on your vehicle’s head unit and follow the below steps:
- Press the Menu button
- Tap on the “Setup” option
- On the left hand side menu, scroll to “Toyota App Suite” option and tap on it
- Turn off the “Auto detect iPhone app” switch
- Tap “OK” on the information message
Why do I see “Toyota App Suite is running” notification on my Android phone and how do I clear it?
When your phone connects to any Bluetooth® device, the myToyota app will start in the background and check if the device is a compatible vehicle. This process and notification will close after 15 seconds if a compatible vehicle is not found. If you wish to clear this notification sooner, please manually close the myToyota app.
Who do I contact if I have any questions or need support?
Contact the Guest Experience Centre on 1800 869 682 between Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:30pm AEST or email this address.