Health and Safety Policy
OHS Policy Statement
Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited (TMCA) recognises that the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors, visitors and persons present at TMCA sites is our responsibility. It is a primary and fundamental objective and will be regarded as such by all persons employed by TMCA or TMCA representatives.
TMCA is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for all personnel and the prevention of work related injuries and illness by providing and maintaining a safe working environment including an occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) and safe systems of work in compliance with relevant occupational health and safety legislation.
TMCA is committed to maintaining OHS Certification to National Self-Insurer OHS Audit Tool (NAT) and OHSAS 18001.
To meet our responsibilities, TMCA will
- Manage Risks – by identifying all workplace hazards, undertaking assessments and taking all necessary actions to control any exposure to injury, loss or damage.
- Comply with all legal and other obligations – by ensuring that our business is managed in accordance with relevant occupational health and safety legislation and TMCA Occupational Health and Safety Policies.
- Apply TMCA policies, where applicable, to suppliers and other third parties.
- Establish targets and measurements – we will manage our obligations using coordinated occupational health and safety business plans for each area and site, with challenging targets against which to measure progress, to ensure continuous improvement aimed at the elimination of work related illness and injury to achieve our goal of "Zero Harm".
- Provide appropriate training and information for all TMCA employees, labour hire employees, contractors and visitors to enable safe performance of work.
- Ensure meaningful and effective consultation with, and the involvement of all employees in matters potentially impacting workplace health and safety.
- Communicate clearly and openly TMCA's occupational health and safety commitments and performance
- Promote a culture of safety by TMCA and all TMCA personnel. We will ensure everyone knows that they are responsible for their own, and others health and safety, setting clearly defined responsibilities for all managers, supervisors and all other TMCA people.
This policy statement applies to all TMCA sites and will be regularly reviewed in light of developments, including changes to legislation, our understanding of best practice, and the organisation of TMCA.
President & CEO
Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited