Prado Accessories - Towbar[J8], towball and trailer wiring harness (sold separately)
This accessory is
- GX Auto
- Prado GX Manual
- Prado GXL Turbo Diesel Auto
- Prado GXL Turbo Diesel Manual
- Prado GXL Petrol Auto
- GXL Petrol Manual
- Prado Kakadu Turbo Diesel Auto
- Prado Kakadu Petrol Auto
- Prado SX Diesel Auto
- Prado VX Turbo Diesel Auto
- Prado VX Petrol Auto
- Prado ZR Diesel Auto
Towbar[J8], towball and trailer wiring harness (sold separately)
For towing confidence, this high-strength Towbar has been modelled specifically for Prado and undergone virtual and physical testing for durability, strength and safety. The injection-moulded plastic trim finish, included in the Towbar kit, neatly integrates the Towbar to the vehicle. Five-door Prado has 2500kg braked towing capacity (750kg unbraked), and three-door has 3000kg braked capacity (750kg unbraked). The Toyota Genuine Trailer Wiring Harness incorporates a sophisticated electronic control and simply plugs into the factory installed wiring system. Whatever the on-road lighting requirements of your trailer, Prado can tow the load without compromising vehicle wiring system and electronics.
What is Vehicle Payload?
Vehicle Payload is the maximum load that a vehicle is permitted to carry on its axles. It's an amount defined by manufacturers and provides helpful restrictions and guidelines to ensure the safe operation of your vehicle. Every Toyota has a different payload, so getting to know your vehicle's payload is a good idea - it will help keep you safe on the road and ensure your vehicle performs at its best.
Vehicle payload considerations
Each Toyota vehicle has a maximum mass, defined by manufacturers, that it can safely bear. This is referred to as the " Gross Vehicle Mass ". It's important that you know the Gross Vehicle Mass of your Toyota. That way, you can be confident that your vehicle is not carrying more than it can handle as you add accessories, make modifications or load your car up with heavy cargo. This is an important part of keeping you safe on the road and keeping your vehicle in good working order.
Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM)
Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM): is the total permissible combined weight of the vehicle, including occupants, fuel and cargo.
- All Toyota Genuine Accessories purchased and fitted to a Toyota are warranted for the remainder of the New Vehicle Warranty or 12 months, whichever is greater. Toyota Genuine Accessories purchased from an authorised Toyota Dealer over the counter are warranted from the date of purchase for one year. Conditions apply. The Toyota Genuine Accessories Warranty does not limit and may not necessarily exceed your rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
- [J8] Towing capacity subject to regulatory requirements, towbar design, vehicle design and towing equipment limitations. Ask your Dealer for details of Toyota Genuine Towbar capacity and availability.