Conditions of Entry
1. Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Ltd (Promoter) invites eligible entrants to get creative and participate in the 12th Toyota Dream Car Art Contest promotion.
2. Instructions and information on how to enter form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is open to Australian residents in three age categories: under 8 years, 8-11 years; 12-15 years. Entrants may only enter in their relevant age category. Entrants must be the relevant age prior to the entry close date of 1 March 2018, for the category in which they submit an entry. If their birthday falls before the close date and it puts them in an older category their entry will be judged in that older category.
4. To enter the Promotion, entrants must submit an original piece of artwork depicting their idea of ‘My Dream Car’ in accordance with these Conditions of Entry (Entry).
5. Entries must:
a) be the original work of the entrant, and not of any other person. “Collaborative artwork” or artwork drawn by multiple individuals will not be accepted;
b) not be previously published artworks, artworks that have been entered in any other contest, or the same artwork of a previous winner of a Toyota Dream Car Art Contest;
c) not infringe any third party rights;
d) be related to the theme of the contest, ‘My Dream Car’;
e) be submitted on paper measuring no larger than 400mm x 550 mm (15.7-21.7in.) or A3 in size;
f) be hand created, using any drawing materials, including but not limited to colour pencils, markers, crayons or water paints;
g) not be computer generated, digitally or electronically created, or made by collage or cut-out;
h) be accompanied by a correctly completed entry form which can be downloaded from http://www.toyota.com.au/dreamcar; and
i) be authorised by a parent or guardian.
6. Entries, including a correctly completed entry form, must be mailed to The 12th Dream Car Art Contest, Reply Paid 89357, Taren Point, NSW 2229. Entries will be accepted from 9:00am AEDT – 13/10/2017 to 12:00am AEDT – 01/03/2018 (Promotion Period). No entries will be accepted outside of the Promotion Period.
7. Entrants warrant and agree that they will not submit any content that:
a) is unlawful or fraudulent;
b) the Promoter may deem to be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights;
c) is defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender;
d) is not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
7a. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entry which it considers (in its absolute discretion) to not comply with these Conditions of Entry.
8. Incomplete Entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will also be deemed invalid if they breach these Conditions of Entry as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion or any other content guidelines notified by the Promoter during the entry process for the Promotion.
9. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for all content and materials they submit and the Promoter shall not be liable for such to the full extent permitted by law.
10. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for late, lost, misdirected, or illegible entries (including lost, stolen, forged, defaced or damaged proof of entry).
11. This is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each Entry will be individually judged based on its message, uniqueness and art characteristics. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. The final judging will take place on 07/03/2018 at 9:00am AEDT at the Promoter’s offices at 155 Bertie Street, Port Melbourne.
13. Prizes will be awarded to the top three entries in each of the three age categories (9 in total) as determined by the judges.
Each of those prize winners will receive an APPLE STORE GIFT CARD to the value of $750, that can be redeemed at any official Australian Apple retail store or at apple.com. Total prize pool value is $6,750. The prize winners will be notified by mail and phone by 16/3/17. It is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter if their contact details change during the competition period.
13a. One entry will be chosen by the judges as the ‘Australian Dream Car Art Contest Champion.’ That entrant (Contest Champion) will receive a 4-day (plus travel time) trip to Japan in August/September 2018 (date to be advised) for themselves and one parent or guardian. Prize includes return airfares from the Promoter’s nominated Australian airport to the Promoter’s nominated Japanese airport, accommodation and some meals. The Contest Champion will be contacted by mail and phone by 29/6/2018.
14. If a Prize is not claimed or the Entry is deemed invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to award that Prize to the next best Entry, as determined by the judge(s).
15. By submitting an entry to the Promotion, each entrant assigns all rights in the entry to the Promoter and consents to the Promoter using the entry in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). By submitting an entry, each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. Once submitted, no changes to or withdrawal of an entry will be permitted. Entries will not be returned by the Promoter.
16. The Promoter and the companies and agencies associated with this Promotion may also publish the names and State/Territory of the winning entrants on their website(s).
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the Prize(s) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
18. The Prize(s) and/or parts of the Prize(s) is/are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless the Prize is cash). If a Prize, or an element of a Prize, is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for that prize, or element of it, subject to the approval of any relevant authority. The Promoter and its representatives will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of Prizes.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the Prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Don’t miss out! Entries close 1 March 2018.